Our client in Banbury are looking for a Retail Team Member to join their fantastic team!!
Colleagues are expected to fully participate in all aspects of the store operation from front end counter sales to warehousing, stock management and compliance.
A great customer experience is important to the client. Their service combined with availability of products encourages customer loyalty and ensuring continued business growth.
Monday – Friday (1 day off in the week) 9:30am – 5:30pm
Saturday – 9:30am – 5:00pm
Sunday – Closed
The store is also closed on Bank Holidays and over Christmas.
For this role, previous retail experience is essential.
Duties and responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Greet customers and ensure every customer has an exceptional customer service experience every time.
- Answer customer sales queries and questions positively.
- Deal with customer complaints positively and promptly within company guidelines and escalate where appropriate.
- Ensure familiarity with product range and appropriate technical details. Ensure ability to pass on key points to customers.
- Deal effectively with a range of administrative tasks as required.
- Manage stock control and ensure accuracy of the stock data on day to day basis.
- Responsibility for processing cash and card payments, balancing cash registers with receipts and performing daily cash control routines and reporting.
- Keep the store tidy and clean, this includes hovering, mopping and dusting.
- Responsibility for the site security and key holding, locking up and opening up procedures.
- Responsible for security within the store and being on the lookout for shoplifters and fraudulent credit cards etc.
- Receive and store deliveries and complete all administrative routines promptly to ensure accurate stock records at all times.
- Keep up to date with special promotions and refreshing product displays.
- Participate in training and learning events as required to ensure the continued development of skills and product awareness and knowledge and safe working practices are operated
- From time to time any other reasonable duties as may be reasonably requested by the Line Manager.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.